- 24 medium mushroom caps
- 1(16 ounce) package hot ground pork breakfast sausage or 1 (16 ounce) package regular ground pork breakfast sausage
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 oz. monterey jack pepper cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon Ghost Pepper Flakes, less for less heat
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, shredded
- Wash the mushrooms and pat dry with paper towels.
- Remove the stems and set aside (they can be minced and added to the sausage mixture later is desired).
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cook and crumble the sausage in a large skillet until done, drain, and place in a mixing bowl. Add the cream cheese, jack cheese, Ghost Pepper Flakes and minced stems if desired. Mix well.
- Place 1 heaping teaspoon of the mixture into each mushroom cap.
- Place the stuffed mushroom caps on a rimmed baking pan, sprinkle with parmesan, and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes.