- 2 Tablespoons Extravagonzo Roasted Garlic Culinary Oil
- 1 small red onion, peeled and diced
- 1.5 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced into small 1/2-inch pieces (*or see substitution below for using pre-cooked shredded chicken)
- salt and pepper
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chiles
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup whole-kernel corn
- 1 (8-count) package large flour tortillas
- 3 cups Mexican-blend shredded cheese
- 1 1/4 cups red enchilada sauce
- ½ cup Cajohn Trinidad BBQ Sauce
- (optional toppings: 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro, extra diced red onions)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In large skillet, heat Extravagonzo Roasted Garlic Culinary Oil over medium-high heat. Add red onion and saute for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add diced chicken and green chiles, and season with salt and pepper. Saute for 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until the chicken is cooked through. Stir in beans and corn until combined. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together enchilada sauce and Cajohn Trinidad BBQ Sauce until combined. Set aside.
- To assemble the enchiladas, lay out a tortilla on a flat work surface then spread two tablespoons of sauce over the surface of the tortilla. Add a few spoonfuls of the chicken mixture, then sprinkle with 1/3 cup cheese. Roll up tortilla and place in a greased 9 x 13-inch baking dish. Repeat with the remaining ingredients and filling ingredients. Then spread the remaining enchilada sauce on top of the tortillas, and sprinkle on the remaining shredded cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes until the cheese is melted and the tortillas are crispy around the edges. Remove from oven and serve immediately, garnished with chopped fresh cilantro and extra diced red onions if desired.