- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 to 4 tablespoons Palo Alto Firefighters Pepper Hot Sauce or Palo Alto XX Hot
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1/2 medium head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1 jar Texas Sweet & Hot Jalapenos
- Sour cream and 20 Pepper Salsa, optional
- In a large bowl, combine 1 cup cheese, water and Palo Alto Firefighters Pepper Hot Sauce or Palo Alto XX Hot. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 16 balls.
- Place meatballs on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 12 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Drain meatballs on paper towels. Reduce heat to 375°.
- Arrange crescent rolls on a greased 15-in. pizza pan, forming a ring with pointed ends facing the outer edge of the pan and wide ends overlapping.
- Place a meatball on each roll; fold point over meatball and tuck under wide end of roll (meatball will be visible). Repeat. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until rolls are golden brown.
- Transfer to a serving platter. Fill the center of the ring with lettuce, tomato, onions, olives, Texas Sweet & Hot Jalapenos, remaining cheese, and sour cream and 20 Pepper Salsa if desired. Yield: 16 servings.