The old saying “hair of the dog that bit you” is a common theory for curing a hangover. Many people choose a Bloody Mary, but the thick, red drink can be rather upsetting to look at, much less drink when you’re in the midst of a hellacious hangover. Pepper Hangover Cure is a great alternative that serves the same purpose: a little bit of alcohol, sour citrus and the hot digestive aid to calm the stomach. Unless you have a Bloody Mary mix on hand, our hangover cure is easier to mix, an attribute you’ll appreciate when your head is splitting and stomach is doing flip flops!
- 6 ounces Gin
- 1/2 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 2-3 dashes Peppers of Key West hot sauces.
- slice of chili pepper
- Pour the Gin and Hot Sauce into an ice-filled cocktail shaker.
- Shake generously.
- Strain into a chilled rocks glass (or any container you can reach pending your ability at the time!)
- Garnish with a chili pepper.
Remember to wash your hands well with soap (especially before touching your eyes) if you handle the chili pepper.