- 6 slices smoked bacon, cut crosswise into ¼-inch pieces
- 4 Catch a Fire Cajun Garlic cloves, minced
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups dried black-eyed peas
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon Catch a Fire Cajun Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
In large saucepot, cook bacon over medium-high heat 6 to 8 minutes or until crisp. Stir in Catch a Fire Cajun Garlic, celery, bell pepper and onion. Cook 4 to 5 minutes or until vegetables begin to soften.
Add bay leaves, tomatoes, broth, black-eyed peas, salt and Catch a Fire Cajun Seasoning. Heat to boiling, then reduce heat to simmer. Cover and cook 1 hour or until peas are tender. Stir in vinegar.
Meanwhile, prepare rice as label directs.
Serve black-eyed pea mixture over rice, garnished with scallions.